6 Alpine Court, Medford, NY 11763 646.530.3320 firstname.lastname@example.org
Distinguished and highly accomplished international corporate IT executive with over 18 years leadership managing diverse environments in the global market space. A leader and effective change agent managing sophisticated projects across vast geographical boundaries negotiating support from all business and operations stake holders. Expertly maximizing resource planning leveraging a broad base of skills to solve the most vexing infrastructure issues, while enhancing and efficiently overseeing mission critical projects.
IT Governance and Corporate Operations SAAS/ERP Solutions Entrepreneurship
Foreign & Domestic Negotiations Infrastructure Design & Implementation Project Development
Mentoring & Leadership Budgeting & Cost Control Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Presided over a diverse local and international workforce
- Established company IT policies, operating procedures and governance
- Led my team to deliver a HIPAA compliant SAAS application with a 250% ROI
- Negotiated cost saving features into system hardware with foreign manufacturers
- Increased customer satisfaction 95% through direct engagement initiatives
VP of Systems Engineering, Walker Digital Table Systems, LLC 2010-Present
Recruited top talent to work on the company’s embedded RFID based gaming solution. Worked closely with all stake holders to deploy the backend Linux server tier 2 months ahead of schedule as well as the subsequent round of embedded Linux table systems. Lead my team to overcome the challenges associated with a customer supplied infrastructure.
- Minimized international support personnel by driving extreme cost cutting initiatives through utilizing system automation solutions like Puppet and custom monitoring solutions
- Directing and managing the company’s installation efforts throughout Malaysia & China
- Negotiated strategic partnerships with international manufacturers and vendors
- Leading a highly skilled team to develop high security embedded UNIX solutions for the Casino and Gaming industry
Owner & President, Olivent Technologies, LLC 2008-2010
Founded this professional services consulting firm setting the general company direction delivering unique solutions to a diverse client base. Maintained profitability every year since the company’s launch by negotiating strategic partnerships with key vendors and leveraging existing alliances.
- Reduced expenses by 50%, consolidating colocation services and corporate infrastructure resources
- Lowered server hosting and energy costs 25% by deploying virtualization solutions.
- Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA Compliancy at applicable client sites
- Cut client travel cost by 80% through the implementation of video conferencing solutions
- Improved client satisfaction 30% through the use of social networking and marketing technologies like Twitter, LinkenIn and Facebook using sound SEO & SEM practices
Chief Information and Technology Officer, Tech Alliance, INC. 1998-2009
Lead a highly skilled technical team of infrastructure engineers, software designers and support technicians as well as all ISP operations. Delivered a wide range of services to our 400 plus business client in the NYC metro area. Cutting costs through strategic COLO consolidations, VOIP phone initiatives and custom hosted SAAS projects.
- Directed all network operations personnel, equipment and the application development teams including off shore outsourcing while presiding over the $15,000,000 budget.
- Turned under performing hosting enterprise into a profitable service
- Cut operating costs and improved operating efficiencies through equipment consolidations
- Improved response time, reliability and customer satisfaction by implementing an in house training program
- Successfully guided the company through three colocation facility relocations and migrations on time and under budget
Network Systems Administrator, Tandy Services, INC. 1997-1998
Managed location specific infrastructure configuring Cisco routers and PIX firewall devices to work in the company wide VPN.
- Managed and repaired computer and communications systems.
- Created a web based application to track the inventory of spare parts for our onsite field repair operations.
Electronics Material Officer, US Coast Guard 1986-1997
Oversaw the maintenance of our mainframe system, including all navigation electronic systems at 110 shoreside locations and 30 plus vessels through the careful management of 27 support technicians. Developed a in house training program to enhance support services and increase staff skills growth. Instituted an extremely successful customer focused service plan that turned the customer satisfaction of this unit’s support up 95%. Introduced cost savings and preventative maintenance measures to eliminate waste, reduce antiquated equipment and improve service reliability.
- Administered all shipboard electronics, computer and communications systems.
- Accountable for maintaining the electronics, navigational, satellite links, computer network and telephone systems for all Coast Guard units in the NYC Metro area within a $20,000,000 budget and 30 personnel.
- Established routine training program for all technical staff members to improve service reliability and technical skills growth.
- Developed programs and processes to monitor and maintain customer satisfaction in top 95% of similar units.
- Responsible for the maintenance of twelve 10kw HF transmitters, three 2.5kw MF transmitters, and twenty various antennae systems. As part of the Atlantic Ocean distress monitoring network.
Panasonic Security Systems, Adtran Firewall and VPN Admin, Adtran Routing and Switching Systems, 3Com NBX VOIP Phone Systems, Cisco Routing and Switching Systems, Cisco Firewall and VPN Concentrator Implementation, Netware System Administration, Certified HP/Compaq Systems Field Engineer, A+ Certified Windows Technician, C Programming
USCG- Senior Officer Leadership and Management, Hazardous Waste Operator Management 40 hour US CFR 19 HAZWOPR, Lighthouse Engineering Systems and Maintenance, Prime Programmer Debugging for FORTRAN and C, Systems Management Training, Electronics Technical Training
BSA- Cub Master, Unit Commissioner, Bachelors Commission Leadership, Youth Protection, Hazardous Weather Safety
Memberships and Organizations:
- American Legion -Served as the Adjutant Officer of the Medford Post
- Member of the Moose Lodge
- Boy Scouts of America – Unit Commissioner over seeing 3 Cub Scout packs and 1 Boy Scout troop.
- BSD Certification Group- Serving as Secretary for nearly 4 years as well as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on the examination board
AWARDS AND CITATIONS:
While on active duty I earned several citations.
The following is a brief overview of two;
Received the US Coast Guard Commandants Letter of Commendation for saving three other service members’ lives after a helicopter crash aboard a Ambrose Lighthouse seven miles off the shore of NY and NJ.
Awarded the US Coast Guard Commendation Medal for outstanding project management of the Lighthouse Maintenance program at the Aids to Navigation Team in NY.
Excellent references will be furnished upon request.